Banner Photo - Annika Hansen, I-School Graduate
Accreditations and Affiliations
- We are a satellite school of the private Independence High School in Washington State, through which we issue diplomas to students meeting the Washington State requirements for graduation. The 20 units currently required for graduation in Washington -- 2.5 units less than the minimum required for Nevada -- allow students the flexibility to create a high school program more closely aligned to their college and career goals.
- We are accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), through which we issue transcripts to schools throughout the US as a Supplemental Education Program. WASC is the major regional accreditation agency for schools ranging from I·School to Stanford.
- Our Affidavit as a Private School is on file with the State of California Department of Education.
- As Nevada does not (yet) recognize blended learning in state law, in Nevada we operate as a IRS-approved 501(c)(3) education non-profit corporation, which allows us to receive tax-deductible donations which support operations and scholarships. The official 501(c)(3) determination letter may be seen here.
- In 2013, 2014, and 2015, we were proud to have been named one of the Top-Rated Non-Profits in Nevada.
- We are members of the Nevada Chamber of Commerce and the Alliance for Nevada Non-Profits.
- Our courses are approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) for our competitive student athletes.
- We are approved proctors for several testing agencies and academic organizations.
- We began as eLearning Cafes, Inc., and adopted I·School when we became accredited by WASC. So our legal name is eLearning Cafes, Inc., DBA I·Schools.